Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arena's

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Arena's Empty The Arena's

Post  Erin Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:43 am

The Archery Range, Wrestling, Sword Fighting!
Erin
Erin
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

https://camp-half-blood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Arena's Empty Re: The Arena's

Post  Luce Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Luce stopped beside a large rack full of swords. Picking one up, she felt its weight in her hand. "Tell me if this is too light for you," she said, holding the sword out to Chris. It had to feel right in your hand or else you would be clumsy.
Luce
Luce
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:38 pm

Chris took the sword, and chuckled. He balanced its tip on his finger. "Yeah too light." It balanced easily and he threw it up catching it by its handle. He smiled and looked at the rest of the swords. He put the sword back and looked at the rest.
Chris
Chris
Claimed Camper
Claimed Camper

Back to top Go down

Post  Luce Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Luce smirked. "Showing of now are we." She picked up a larger sword. "This one should be just your size and weight." She pulled out her own sword from her belt, rubbing the hilt lightly. "So, ever sword fight before?" She tossed him a worn shield and chose one for herself. They both had large dents in them from previous battles.
Luce
Luce
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:44 pm

Chris laughed and grabbed the sword, it felt perfect in his hand. "Thanks." He admired how the light was bent off its blade. He caught the shield as it came at him, "Um no actually." He looked embarrassed, "No one else is going to come right, I would be rather embarrassed to get beat by a girl." He thought about what he said, "I don't mean to be sexist, I meant, ah I put my foot in my mouth." He stopped talking his face a birght color in embarrasement, he had let his tongue slip.
Chris
Chris
Claimed Camper
Claimed Camper

Back to top Go down

Post  Luce Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Luce chuckled. "No problem. You look like you would be a fast learner." She twirled her sword in practice, finding the perfect balence. Quicker than he could react, she flipped his sword out of his hand with a twist of her wrist. It clattered to the ground. "Want to learn that move?" she asked, grinning.

(This is OK right?)
Luce
Luce
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:00 pm

Chris was about to respond a thanks, when his sword what out of his hand on the ground. He blinked in surprise. "I wasn't ready." He chuckled and picked it up, "Yes please." This time the young man watched her carefully, his eyes taking in everything she did.
Chris
Chris
Claimed Camper
Claimed Camper

Back to top Go down

Post  Luce Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:04 pm

"You dont have time to get ready in battle." Her eyes sparkled. "First, hold your sword so its not too tight, wich makes your movements stiff, but not to light either. That makes it easy for someone to flip it out of your grip." She demonstrated, holding her sword perfectly. "Once you get the hang of that your moves will be much more precise and deadly."
Luce
Luce
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:07 pm

Chris looked at his hand and the sword. He held it in different ways until it felt just right. He nodded, understanding. "Makes sense." He kept looking at the sword, and smiled. He tried to do the same thing as Luce said, but he failed only tapping the edge of her sword. Chris burst out laughing, "Ha, that was major failure." His blueish gray eyes sprakled with enthusiasm.
Chris
Chris
Claimed Camper
Claimed Camper

Back to top Go down

Post  Luce Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Luce laughed too, her eyes sparkling. "Youll get the hang of it. Go like this." She held her arm out so he could see. Turning to a dummy she slowly thrust out and turned her wrist at the same time. "The easyest one in the book. You will master it in no time. You try on the dummy." She grabbed a sword and fitted into its grip. The dummy instantly tightened and she smiled. "The work of our Hephaestus kids."
Luce
Luce
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:15 pm

Chris nodded and smiled, "Impressive, they are quite amazing." He turned to the dummy, slowly he thrust forward and turned his wrist. It knocked the sword out of the dummy's hand. Again he bagen to laugh, "Ha I must have looked like a fool."
Chris
Chris
Claimed Camper
Claimed Camper

Back to top Go down

Post  Luce Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:31 pm

Luce smiled. "Now try it faster. A real opponent would have had that sword already in their hand." She crossed her arms, watching silently.
Luce
Luce
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:34 pm

His eyes narrowed and his muscles tensed. For such ayoung guy he was well built, after all he had helped his dad all day on the farm. Chris concentrated and looked at the dummy as if seeing it move and as if judging its next move. He thrust forward faster with a flick of his wrist and the sword was out of the dummy's hand. He held his sword at the dummy's 'chest'. A fury burned in his eyes.
Chris
Chris
Claimed Camper
Claimed Camper

Back to top Go down

Post  Luce Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:39 pm

Luce laughed. "Alright, alright. He's not going to kill you. Good work." She pucked up her sword again, testing the blade on her palm. When she pulled away there was a thin line of blood on her hand. Flicking it away, she smiled with satisfaction. "What would you like to do know?"
Luce
Luce
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Chris shook his head and stepped back. He glared at the dummy and smirked a bit. He looked at Luce, "You ok?" He looked at the dummy, "Umm well I'm not sure what there is to know, what else is there?" Chris was curious, it had felt so right, and freeing. He smiled.
Chris
Chris
Claimed Camper
Claimed Camper

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:14 am

Erin swiftly went to the armory. She was going to surprisingly teach them a lesson. She grabbed an bow and a quiver of arrows. She hid and waited.
(Please don't see her! I BEG)
Erin
Erin
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:16 am

Chris pateintly waited for Erin. He played with the sword a bit, balancing it on his finger. He laughed and threw it up again but failed to catch it. He picked it up and played with the shield.
Chris
Chris
Claimed Camper
Claimed Camper

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:19 am

Erin had worked on her aim to where she could confidently do the next move. She aimed and fired an arrow in between them. Her first rule of survival: expect the unexpected. She leapt out. "If you paid more attention to your surroundings you would have seen me 5 minutes ago sneaking into the armory." Se said smiling.
Erin
Erin
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:24 am

Chris nearly fell backwards as the arrow struck close by, he looked up and saw Erin. "Pfft I knew you were there." His fingers twitched as he watched her come closer. He gulped nervously, she intimidated him for some reason.
Chris
Chris
Claimed Camper
Claimed Camper

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:27 am

Erin smiled at his nervousness. Athena was the goddess of wisdom. She'd past on much knowledge to her children. "Want to spar?" she asked pulling Celestail Bronze twin half swords. They were not two separate blades, but two parts of the same sword.
Erin
Erin
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:28 am

Chris admired her sword and looked at the one in his hand. "Uh, sure." He looked at her, almost sure she would sorely beat his rear, yet he was always ready to learn. He flipped his sword and smiled.
Chris
Chris
Claimed Camper
Claimed Camper

Back to top Go down

Post  Luce Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:31 am

Luce watched with her eyebrows raised. "Thats Erin," she chuckled to herself. "Always ready jump out from anywhere and take over." She put her sword back in her belt, feeling a bit dissapointed. But she would let Erin take over the lesson if she wanted to.
Luce
Luce
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:32 am

Chris looked up and stood straight, "Want to join in? I don't really mind." He smiled, not wanting anyone to feel left out. He motioned for her to join.
Chris
Chris
Claimed Camper
Claimed Camper

Back to top Go down

The Arena's Empty Oppi, ZUKO STYLE xD

Post  Erin Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:34 am

Erin had a neutral stance, both defensive and offensive. As senior camper, she felt the need to give the newbs a few pointers. Did they realize that they could have half swords, twin half swords too? They just need to go to the THS part of the armory. But she would teach them... in time at least. She waited for the first move. "Please Luce, I didn't mean to interrupt, please join in, I really need to sharpen up the edges of sword fighting, I've been focusing with a bow so much I've neglected my twins."
Erin
Erin
Cabin Counselor
Cabin Counselor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:38 am

Chris watched how Erin was standing, he tried to imitate her. He did it ok, but leaned a bit too much. He smiled and nodded to Luce, "Join me, I'm pretty sure I'll lose."
Chris
Chris
Claimed Camper
Claimed Camper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum